Level 3 Update

Hello again everyone 

We have just met together as a staff to plan for the coming days.  All of us (school and community), are likely to find out how this situation evolves at the same time, so the coming weeks are a bit uncertain at the moment. 

We have decided to plan as though school will be closed for longer than the current 3 day period that has been announced.  We are in the process of sending devices and resources home to families that need them. 

Teams are now working together to create timetables and work plans for next week.  We are intending to start making contact with learners through Zoom/SeeSaw etc next Monday.   If the announcement on Friday indicates that we will be away from school for a longer period of time, you can expect that work packs and timetables will be sent through to you over the weekend. 

Children of essential workers are able to be at school, but contact needs to be made with me (amanda@chelsea.school.nz) so that we can ensure that our ‘bubble classrooms’ have adequate staffing and resourcing.

As always, take care of yourselves and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.   I know our team will be working incredibly hard to support learning from home and also to keep connections with learners and their families at the forefront.  Thanks in advance for your support. 

Kind regards 

Amanda Douglas 
Chelsea Primary School  

PTA Updates :
Dad Pies
Delivery of these has been impacted by the move to Level 3. We will reorganise the delivery of this once further clarity has been received around Alert levels so pick up and distribution is as smooth as possible.
The ‘Back to the Future’ Disco planned for Friday 21st August has been rescheduled to Thursday 24th September due to restrictions in gathering numbers
Trivia Night
No decision has been made in relation to this at this stage