Announcement : 

Menu

Planning for Alert level 3

Kia ora whānau

Firstly, a huge well done to our community for managing learning from home so well. I know it’s
not easy to supervise and engage with learners as well as attempting to be a productive
employee or employer. I have talked to many parents who have found a model and rhythm that
works for them and their families, and to be honest, that’s what it’s all about. It has been great
to see so many happy faces through Zoom (Yrs 3-6) and I’ve been very impressed by the
creative learning that I am seeing through SeeSaw.

I also could not be more proud of our team, who have jumped into planning and delivering
learning online, all whilst trying to wrangle their own families.

I know you will have been watching government announcements with interest and will be
wondering about Chelsea’s plan for operation under Level 3 restrictions. The key message
from the government is if you can keep your learners at home please do so.

We know, however, that within our community, there are a number of parents who classify as
essential workers, or who cannot work from their homes.

We are waiting for more detail and context around what Level 3 will mean for schools from the
Ministry of Education, but in the meantime, in our attempts to plan as much as we can, it would
be great if each family could fill in the quick survey below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QVKZ6PZ – please use your link on Hero to complete this.

As always, we will share new information as it comes to light. If we do move to level 3 next
week, schools will not be open until we are instructed to. The suggested date for reopening in
limited capacity has been given as Wednesday 29 April, although this has not been confirmed.

Rest assured that as soon as we are given permission to be onsite, cleaning and other
preparations will begin immediately in readiness for welcoming back some of our learners.

Kind regards
Amanda Douglas
Principal

Menu